Employees provident fund update. Employees Provident Fund Update: All account holders of the Employees Provident Fund will have to make changes in their accounts by December 31, as a new rule will be implemented from next month. …
The Employees Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) has in a notification said that employees will need to add a nominee to their EPF accounts by December 31 this year. If this is not done, the employees will lose out on several benefits that the top retirement body, backed by the central government, offers to avoid this PF account holders must add a nominee to their account which can be done online. Almost all salaried individuals in India have an account at the employees provident found organization which serves as a source of income following their retirement. every month a certain amount of money is deducted from the employee’s salary which is credited to him or her after retirement. the same amount of money is also provided by the employee’s company every month. However if an employee does not update the nominee details by December 31, he or she will not receive any benefits including pension and insurance money from January 2022.
EPFO provides provident funds, pension benefits to the members on their retirement, and family pension and insurance benefits to their families in case of the untimely death of the member.
EPFO is the country’s principal organization responsible for providing social security benefits to the organized/semi-organized sector workforce covered under the statute of EPF & MP Act, 1952.
EPFO advised its official Twitter handle on how to update EPF/PF nominations online, stating, “#EPF Members can file new nominations to change existing EPF/#EPS nomination.” The name of the PF nominee provided in the most recent PF nomination would be deemed the final one, while the earlier PF nomination will be considered canceled by the PF account holder following a new PF nomination.
EPF members should keep in mind that they can file an e-nomination at any time and from any location using their UAN login. Because nomination must be updated after marriage and to get online payment of PF, Pension, and Insurance (EDLI) up to Rs 7 lakhs, one can file an e-Nomination with a self-declaration solely, with no proof or approval from the employer, according to EPFO standards. Follow the steps outlined below to declare an e-nomination:
• After login in, navigate to the Employees area and select ‘Member UAN/Online Service.’
• Now enter your UAN and password to log in. Click on E-Nomination’ under the ‘Manage’ option.
• To change the family declaration, click ‘Yes.’ You can now add more than one nominee by clicking on ‘Add Family Details.’
• After that, click on ‘Nomination Details’ to disclose the total amount of shares, then ‘Save EPF Nomination’.
• To generate an OTP, click ‘e-Sign.’ Now enter the OTP that was issued to your Aadhaar-linked cellphone number.
• Your nomination will be successfully registered with EPFO once the OTP has been verified.
• There are no more physical documents to provide after a successful e-Nomination.
Chief Reporter- Arvind pathak ,email firstname.lastname@example.org 9001021888